My friend was using the toaster oven at work to make this tasty and healthy snack, so I tried some out at home to use up a big hunk of zucchini before it went to waste.
We've had a stellar zucchini crop from our garden this year! I've had plenty to share, made stuffed zucchini, zucchini bread, sauteed as a side for dinner, and am going to try some zucchini lasagna. These little zucchini bites bake (or broil) up fast with less mess and grease than the fried version.
- Zucchini, sliced 1/4 to 1/2" thick
- Olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, finely grated (I combined Mozzarella and Parmesan)
- Garlic salt
- Marinara or salsa for dipping, optional
Putting It Together:
- Lightly grease a pan (or foil lined pan for easy clean up) with olive oil.
- Arrange zucchini slices on pan.
- Drizzle zucchini slices with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on cheese and top with parsley.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or broil on high for 5 minutes (just long enough for the cheese to get wonderfully browned and bubbly.)
- Serve with a side of marinara or salsa for dipping if desired :)
CLICK HERE for a printable version of this recipe.
|Mine was a giant zucchini, so I cut the slices into quarters|
and cut out the seedy center.
|Ready for the oven after lightly sprinkled with cheese.....YUM!!|
|Mr. Dramatic showing you just how good it is,|
and that he can eat it in one bite ;)
What are your favorite fresh produce recipes? Any zucchini favorites?
Thanks for stopping by,
If you want to know what I'm up to sign up for email notifications (no spam and just my occasional posts). Enter your email in the box on the upper right side of this page. If you're on mobile, you'll have to open the web version to sign up :)