Tuesday, June 10, 2014

No Embossing Machine.....No Problem




No Sizzix or Cuttlebug.....what to do??

I know, poor me, right? I've acquired some embossing folders, on the cheap, but still haven't broken down and bought a machine to emboss them in.
I've used embossing folders with ink pads and watercolors with great results for full page "stamping", but it's just not the same. I can add layers with embellishments,  but still, not quite the same. Then I found this video which provided a true, DUH...why didn't I think of that moment!! She shows a few different techniques.


Be sure to check out the rest of her youtube channel and her blog: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/ Lindsay's my new favorite crafting buddy...even if she doesn't know it ;)

My turn to play!!

I scribbled some distress marker on my craft sheet and sprayed it with water. (If you don't want color, just wet the paper and you can easily get the design on solid colored paper.)

Then I used some multimedia paper and just squished it around :) The paper works really well when it's wet.

Then I put it in the embossing folder and grabbed the nearest "tool" to impress the folder design. (In the video she used a rolling pin, but I rarely have that much empty space on my craft table LOL!!)

I dried it and ended up with these. 

And these :)
They cut down easily for card backgrounds or strips of paper to add a little interest to your layout. They look adorable when used with punches too. (Yes, I went a little crazy with them!) You get a different look depending on which side of the folder you use.
(In case you're wondering, this stamp is from Art Neko http://www.artneko.com/displayItem/A177-FSHT)
I used watercolor crayons and just LOVE the look I got :) ***Bonus: the adorable set is still on sale for $9.99... another great little item I found through my crafting buddy ;)

So, if you see some crazy deals on embossing folders and don't have a machine, go for it!! If you don't have any folders, it also works pressing the wet paper around just about any other shallow, firm household object that you have on hand.....keys, coins, bits of old jewelry pieces, a dead goldfish? (I didn't really do the goldfish, just looking at our tank while writing this and have an obviously just wrong sense of humor. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.)

Have you used your embossing folders in any creative ways? I'd love to hear your ideas!

This is not a sponsored post. I received no monetary or product compensation. Just sharing :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Terri

If you want to know what I'm up to sign up for email notifications (no spam and just my occasional posts). Enter your email in the box on the upper right side of this page.

You can also follow me on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment