Friday, January 17, 2014

Mosaic Valentine's Cards

                                                                     

It's almost Valentines Day so I decided to try out a simple mosaic technique that I saw a while back. This can be a very kid friendly activity. In fact my little guy is still working on his :) You can find Libby's full tutorial here.  For other tutorials and inspiration check out Splitcoaststampers.

What you're going to need:
Paper in red, pink, white, or your sweetie's favorite colors
Scissors
Glue or Mod Podge
Paint brush (if you are using glue or #modpodge, especially on larger surfaces)
Embellishments
Stamps or hand drawn images
Imagination

1.  Cut out or punch some hearts from card stock or a stiff paper (cereal boxes or tissue boxes work great for this).

2.  Cut, or tear for a shabby chic look, your mosaic paper into 1/4 - 1/2 inch strips

3.  Cut, or tear, your strips into squares. I decided to cut up some book pages and sheet music too :)

4.  If you're using large shapes spread your glue or Mod Podge onto your heart base cutouts with a brush and glue your little squares onto your heart shapes.  If you're using a cereal or other box for your shape be sure to work on the unprinted side.  I use #Tombowglue since it has both a pen tip and broad tip and works great for little pieces and dries clear. Glue over the edges of your shape.
6.  Let it dry completely and then you can stamp or draw your image on (using permanent or archival ink especially if you want to put a coat of clear drying glue or mod podge over it).  I used #Ranger Archival Ink for my stamping. Trim around the edges or use a paper punch or die cut machine. 

7.  Now use that imagination and some embellishments and make a card, some garland, etc.




Here's a close up of the mosaic. The little hearts were made with a paper punch and then I inked up the edges.

*This is not a sponsored post. I received no product or monetary compensation for the products mentioned. I like and use these products :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Terri

Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter


4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, love how you used the mosaic technique!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment and the inspiration :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you :) trying to put my paper stash to use.

    ReplyDelete