Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Day Party Ideas

I'm helping with my son's 1st grade Valentine's Day Party....YAY!! I've been scouring the web for ideas and have it narrowed down and thought I'd share some of the great ideas that I found. We need to have 2-3 games and a craft for the kids and my only problem was narrowing it down :)

We're going to make cards for the parents because I know I love getting handmade cards from my little one. I love all the cards with his hand prints or pictures and those sweet little poems that make me cry every time I read them. We won't have time for pictures so hand prints it is.......and we're going to put them inside the card as a pop-up.

We're going to do the old standby - Guess How Many (Conversation) Hearts Are In The Jar.
That's always good for a little excitement :)

Then onto Games!!!! So many to choose from so my fellow room mother and I have decided on these

Who Do You Love?  It's like musical chairs with a twist and everyone can play. It's an active game and should get the kiddos up and moving.


Cupid's Arrow.  This will be a fun one and we can divide the kids into teams.



Spin the Bottle – Whenever the bottle points to someone, the spinner must say something nice about that person.  Then they can give that person a Hershey’s Kiss. 

Prizes for the games will be Valentine's pencils, notebooks, and stickers from the dollar store. Of course those prizes are practical, but I'm thinking everyone needs a little "bling"!! So I'm going to try my hand at these little cuties :) There's a full tutorial to walk you through making them. I think even the boys will be thrilled with them. I mean, come on, it's candy right ?! 

Wish me luck ;) and thanks for stopping by,
Terri

Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter

2 comments:

  1. These are perfect ideas for a valentine party. Liked your creativity here. V2R1 could be used somewhere I think with the heart design. The other idea that I had was you could make valentine bracelets for the colours with the satin ribbon. Keep doing and writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm not sure what you mean by R2V1. I agree that bracelets are a good idea too. Kids parties are so much fun because the ideas are always new to them. It's important to have structured activities, but also something to use their own creativity.

      Delete