Patterned or solid color paper
Standard size envelopes
Ribbon or string
Oval paper punch
Round paper punch (optional)
Pen or marker
Hot Cocoa Packets
How to Assemble:
- Seal the envelope and cut in half to make a pocket. Set this aside while you make your mugs :)
- For each mug you'll need pieces cut to the following measurements: for mug body - 2" x 2 1/2", for handle - 1 3/4" x 1", for tag - 1 1/2" x 1/2", for marshmallows - 1/4" strip snipped into squares or circles from a standard paper punch, for "hot cocoa" looking drink - oval
- Glue your "hot cocoa" oval to the top of your mug.
- Round the corners of your mug.
- Glue your marshmallows on the "hot cocoa" oval.
- Leaving a 1/4" border, cut the handle out of the appropriate piece of paper. Glue ends of handle to back of mug.
- Snip the corners of your tag piece. Write, stamp on or decorate the tag. Poke a hole in the hanging end, put your ribbon or string through, and tie it onto your mug handle.
- If you want to have a decorative edge on your pocket, do that with your decorative scissors or glue ribbon around the edge of your pocket.
- Glue mug to envelope. You can put a dab of glue to hold the tag in place or just let it dangle.
- Tuck your hot cocoa packet and a candy cane into the top of your pocket and call it done.
The mugs would also look great on the front a card or gift tag for your coffee buddy or as a thank you to your favorite barista at the local coffee shop.
This is a great project to involve the kids in. My son is excited to give our little treats to his classmates next week.
Do you give little gifts just to say happy holidays? Is there anyone that would enjoy receiving a little treat like this? Let me know what you think and who you'd share them with in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your holiday season :)
If you want to know what I'm up to sign up for email notifications (no spam and just my occasional posts). Enter your email in the box on the upper right side of this page. If you're on mobile, you'll have to open the web version to sign up :)